Hotdogs for the Homeless is run entirely on the contributions of the Oklahoma City community. We have been so blessed over the years to always have our program needs met — even when we may be wondering where the next donation is going to come from. If you’d like to help out by making a contribution, please check out our list of needs below.
- Hotdogs: we take pride in serving a quality hotdog and prefer bun-length or jumbo dogs
- Buns: approximately 300 buns are used each Sunday
- Chips: individually packaged Lays brand potato chips are highly appreciated by the homeless
- Water: bottled water is preferred, as it does not lose its taste when warm and can be resealed for later use
- Condiments: individual packets of ketchup, mustard, and relish
- Napkins: approximately 250 napkins are used each Sunday
- Snack treats: individually wrapped oatmeal cream pies, Ding Dongs, Twinkies, etc.
- Paper bags: suitable for packaging the above items
- Precut sheets of foil
Our outreach has many needs. To help us continue serving the hotdog lunches (which consist of hotdogs, chips, bottled water, a packaged snack, and ketchup and mustard packets) we accept monetary donations to help keep this going.
We also use donations to help with bus tickets to rehabs, occasional motel rooms for sick or beaten up homeless people we find, and to help in the process of rehabilitation of ones we work with.
Mail donations to:
Hotdogs for the Homeless
P.O. Box 30976
Midwest City, OK, 73140
Or drop off donations Sunday mornings at 10:30AM at the “for lease” space next to Old School Bagel Cafe, which is located at:
10946 N May Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73120